Kevin Hydes to Speak at Green Building Day Sydney
Integral Group is proud to sponsoring a session at Green Building Council Australia’s Green Building Day in Sydney on Thursday, May 24, 2018 at International Towers Sydney. This event seeks to further conversation in taking an active role in the built environment to become carbon positive. This year’s theme Shaping the Future State will explore the fundamental actions to be taken to achieve collective goals. Participants will hear from leaders and industry experts, find out how they may become more involved, learn from new Green Star case studies, and network with industry professionals.
Integral Group CEO and Founder, Kevin Hydes, will be hosting the session:
INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY | On Course Towards Carbon Positive | 11:15am
This session will examine how every market has its own context, every office is heading towards decarbonization, and every action has intended and unintended consequences. Energy codes are no longer progressive enough and city-wide and national responses to this issue are needed. Kevin will explore the megatrend of decarbonization of the grid, how to be agnostic to technology and solutions, as well as present the DPR Zero Net Energy Office Building, Boulder Commons and other Zero Net Energy projects as case studies on how there is no single solution to the challenges in moving towards being carbon positive.
Kevin will also participate in the panel discussion:
BRAINSTORMING SESSION | How Can We Achieve Carbon Positive? | 11:55am
Topics of discussion will include:
- What are the current challenges and barriers?
- What will be the opportunities?
- How will we bridge the gap between carbon positive objectives and the delivery and implementation?
- What are the current pathways to carbon positive
Fellow panelists will include:
- Danielle McCartney, Manager, Sustainability, University of Technology
- Lauren Kajewski, Senior Manager – Sustainability and Housing Outcomes, Landcom
- Ian Lieblich, Sustainability Manager, Investa
- James Fitzgerald, Development Manager, Impact Investment Group
- Jorge Chapa, Head of Market Transformation, GBCA [Group Facilitator]
More more information, and to register for this event, please visit Green Building Day Sydney.
Speaker: Kevin Hydes, CEO and Founder