Jason Nelson Speaks on ACC Training Hub Live Webinar
The Airport Consultants Council (ACC) Training Hub presents its upcoming Live Webinar: BIM 201 for Airports: The BIM and Asset Management Relationship. The Webinar will take place on May 2, 2019 at 1:00pm – 2:30pm EST. The ACC Training Hub is a virtual training and accreditation service for the airport community. It hosts webinars, features training courses, and offers accreditation tracking across disciplines with respect to aviation. Participants can earn 15 PDH, CM or LU credits/hours for this webinar.
Principal and Aviation Director, Jason Nelson, will be one of four presenters hosting this session.
Friday, May 2, 2019 | 1:00pm – 2:30pm EST
- Jason Nelson, Principal & Aviation Director | Integral Group
- Nadja Turek, Senior Associate | Woolpert, Inc.
- John Lutz, Associate Principal | Iron Horse Architects
- Mark Ricketson, Program Manager, Design Technologies Integration Group | Massport
ACC’s earlier BIM 101 webinar provided an overview of how airport owners, operators, and project teams can leverage Building Information Modeling (BIM) as a tool for executing projects during planning, designing, and construction. In this follow-on BIM 201 webinar, we’ll investigate several leading airports’ use of data derived from BIM models for later phases of a facility’s life-cycle, such as start-up, maintenance, and operations. This program will address BIM’s role in airport asset management programs.
With forethought by an owner, BIM can be effectively used to help with asset management and the start-up of maintenance programs as facility projects move from construction into operations. Learn the motivation for – and obstacles faced by – airports to integrate BIM data, typically generated during design and construction, into other processes in their facilities’ life-cycle. Hear how several airports are creating a roadmap to go from an initial project BIM plan to the final integration of BIM data with asset management and facilities maintenance systems. Learn what is required by an airport staff to maintain the data over a facility’s life-cycle. A panel including airport staff and consultants will share the state-of-the-art in BIM-to-asset-management processes.
At the end of this ACC training webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the motivation and obstacles for airports to integrate project data into ownership management systems.
- Recognize the road map from an initial project plan to the final integration of BIM with asset management and facilities maintenance.
- Summarize the limitations of BIM and learn of others experiences in dealing with these limits.
- Identify the information needed at each stage of a project for successful execution and implementation.
- Describe what is required for ongoing maintenance of data.
For more information and to register for this event, please visit ACC BIM 201 for Airports.
Time: 1:00pm - 2:30pm EST
Speaker: Jason Nelson - Principal, Aviation Director