BC Government Announces Winners of Net-Zero Energy-Ready Challenge
The BC Government has announced the eleven winning projects of the CleanBC Better Buildings Net-Zero Energy-Ready Challenge program. Integral Group’s Research & Planning Team is administering the Better Buildings program, while the BC Ministry of Mines, Energy and Petroleum Resources is providing funding and program oversight.
These highly energy-efficient projects will receive up to $390,000 in government subsidies for their design and construction. Integral Group is thrilled to see three of our projects make the final list! The University of Victoria Student Housing and Dining hall, The Pacific at 825 Pacific, and 2150 Keith Drive will be receiving funding among 8 other projects.
The complete list of winners are:
- Corvette Landing, Esquimalt, Standing Stone Developments
- The Narrows, Vancouver, 51565 BC Ltd
- Vanness, Vancouver, Community Land Trust
- OSO, Golden, Viddora Developments
- 825 Pacific, Vancouver, Grosvenor Americas
- UVic Student Housing/Dining, Victoria, University of Victoria\Skeena Residence , Kelowna, UBC Properties Trust
- SFU Parcel 21, Burnaby, SFU Community Trust
- 2150 Keith Drive, Vancouver, Bentall Kennedy
- Peatt Commons Phase 2, Langford, Peatt Commons Inc.
- Carrington View – Building A, Kelowna, Highstreet Ventures
The Net-Zero Energy-Ready Challenge is an incentive program and juried competition that provides incentives and support to high-rise residential, office, retail, commercial, institutional, and other large complex building projects designed to meet a net-zero energy-ready level of performance. Buildings that achieve the top step of the BC Energy Step Code, the highest step of the City of Vancouver’s Zero Emissions Building Plan, and Passive House certification are all eligible to apply.
The program offered two separate incentives. Design incentives of up to $40,000 were made available to assist design teams in offsetting any costs that may be incurred by any additional design necessary to target net-zero energy-ready. Participants who received a design incentive were invited to submit a full program application, and ultimately receive the Net-Zero Energy-Ready Incentive of up to $390,000.
Congratulations to all the winning project teams!