Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa Medical Office Building
This three-story new-build medical office building includes facilities for primary care including family medicine, health education, obstetrics, gynecology, dermatology and podiatry, and supporting imaging, laboratory and pharmacy units. The building serves both existing and new members with space for 40-45 health care providers.
Integral Group provided mechanical, electrical and plumbing design services, as well as sustainability consulting, energy modeling, and measurement and verification. The project is LEED Platinum certified and is tracking to achieve Zero Net Energy certification. Thermodynamically zoned heat pumps saved one million dollars in HVAC first costs. This zoning is combined with electro-chromic glazed glass and tilted photovoltaic panels in the parking lot. Other sustainability measures included are building orientation optimization, locally sourced natural materials and those with a large recycled content, and water conservation including landscaping with drought-tolerant native plants watered by weather-based drip irrigation.
Collaboration and pre-fabrication were key in this design-assist delivery. Integral Group coordinated with the contractor team during the design phase to provide fully-coordinated construction documents. This eliminated the need for shop drawings and unprecedented value-engineering, and improved progress in construction.
- All-electric design saved $1 Million in first costs
- All-electric, no combustibles on site
- Design-Assist Project Delivery
- 617 kW PV array with 992,000 kWh/yr for first year production
- Full measurement and verification services to guide project towards Zero Net Energy
- Heat pump central Domestic Hot Water System, one of the first of its kind
- Thermal-diffuser system
- Electro-chromic glazing and thermally broken metal insulated panel envelope
- All-LED lighting
- Building water use over LEED baselines
- Electric Vehicle charging stations