DOEE Comprehensive Energy Plan
Integral Group was retained to develop a Comprehensive Energy Plan (CEP) for the District of Columbia Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE).
The CEP recommends greenhouse gas reduction strategies addressing energy supply and demand across the city including buildings, transportation, renewable energy, and grid modernization. Working with D.C. staff, Integral developed a methodology to forecast energy and emissions use over time in a customized Excel-based model that DOEE will continue to use beyond the project. The model simulates energy and emissions from buildings and transportation to 2032 based on various policy and energy infrastructure decisions. The analysis and recommendations include high priority building and renewable policies, net zero building codes and the design of a renewable portfolio standard that drives renewable energy generation.
- Policy, program, and energy system transformation research
- Energy and emissions modelling of buildings, energy supply, and transportation sectors
- Stakeholder consultation and engagement
- Policy and program analysis and recommendation
- Final report preparation and presentation