CODA | Expansion of Technology Square
CODA is developed by Portman Holdings in partnership with the Georgia Institute of Technology. CODA is more than a building – but rather a place that will inspire and realize a sustainable, innovation ecosystem – that integrates the existing assets of Technology Square in Midtown Atlanta with new opportunities in interdisciplinary research, economic development, commercialization and sustainability. With both 620,000 square feet of high-rise office space, 40,000 square feet of ground floor retail space, multiple levels of below-grade parking and an approximately 80,000 square foot data center on-site, CODA seeks to engage corporate partners with application needs for data analytics and processing, faculty with research interests in modeling and simulation, network computer and infrastructure providers and entrepreneurs from young start-up companies.
Integral Consulting Engineering is providing Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection consulting engineering and Energy Modeling services for the project.
- Active chilled beams as the primary cooling and heating system for the building.
- Dedicated outdoor air units with energy recovery and passive desiccant dehumidification.
- Condenser water infrastructure that provides both heat rejection and heating.
- Data center waste heat to supply 80% of the heating to the building.
- Groundwater and rainwater harvesting to supply 100% of the office building cooling tower makeup water and 20-30% of the data center cooling tower makeup water.
- Advanced sub-metering and intelligent building system.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
(excluding the data center)
- Seeking to become the first LEED Platinum (CS) speculative office tower in the Southeastern U.S.
- Seeking to become largest chilled beam installation in the Southeastern U.S.
- Targeting an EUI < 30 kBtu/square foot/year.
- Targeting an energy cost savings of 40% vs. ASHRAE 90.1.