City of Richmond Stretch Energy Code
The City of Richmond’s Department of District Energy and Sustainability retained our Integral Group team to develop a set of energy and carbon emissions targets for buildings. This included:
- Making recommendations for greenhouse gas intensity (GHGI), total energy use intensity (TEUI) and thermal energy demand intensity (TEDI) targets for key building typologies for Richmond.
- Developing targets to align with existing targets set at the provincial scale.
- Full costing analysis of a set of preferred building construction scenarios, including an assessment of first costs, a simple payback analysis, and net present value assessment.
- Development of GHGI targets by considering the carbon intensity of both the conventional energy supply and the City’s district energy systems.
- Drafting recommendations for implementation and enforcement.
Please follow and like us: