Integral Group Hosts Third Annual PechaKucha Client Event
Integral Group’s Victoria team was excited to host their 3rd annual PechaKucha Client Appreciation Event. It was an entertaining evening featuring nine PechaKucha presentations (20 slides x 20 seconds each), with plenty of thought-provoking discussion, finger foods, and mingling.
PechaKucha 20×20 is a simple presentation format invented in Japan, where 20 images advance automatically every 20 seconds with a speaker talking along to the slides. Specifically designed to encourage fun and candor, PechaKucha encourages short and punchy conversation topics and helps nudge presenters and attendees “out of their bubble” and be introduced to something new.
This year’s PechaKucha event hosted the following speakers:
- Jennifer Garrett, Director of Finance and Operations | Power to Be
Presentation: Expose yourself!
- Justin Love, CEO | Limbic Media
Presentation: Creative LED Mapping – The State of the Art
- Andy Crosson, Electrical Engineer and Building Technology Specialist | Integral Group
Presentation: What Is Happening in Princeville, Oregon?
- Rance Mok, Associate Architect | HCMA Architecture + Design
Presentation: Lessons from Groundhog Day
- Stephen Childs, Project Engineer | Canadian Coast Guard, Maritime & Civil Infrastructure
Presentation: extra•ordinary. The Potential within Seemingly Small Decisions.
- Kenneth Chooi, Owner | Green Point Project
Presentation: Where the Rewild Things Are
- Christopher Rowe, Principal Architect | Low Hammond Rowe Architects
Presentation: My adventures in the Crystal World
- Sharon McGeorge, Senior Mechanical Designer | Integral Group
- Stan Zhang, Victoria City Manager | U-bicycle
Presentation: What’s the deal with those green U-bicycle’s in Victoria?
With over 100 guests in attendance, we were flattered to have the company of colleagues in architecture, development, non-profit work, the art world, education, and construction. It was a chance for individuals of varying backgrounds to share their own stories, perspectives and ideas in a fun and casual atmosphere, and an opportunity for Integral Group to say thank you and celebrate the relationships and collaboration that we’ve been so fortunate to be a part of this year.