USGBC IREM Energy Management Workshop
Please join Integral Group principal, David Kaneda, Associate Principal, Hillary Weitze, and other featured speakers in a special workshop hosted by the US Green Building Council Northern California Chapter and the Institute of Real Estate Management, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter:
Benchmarking and Beyond: Creating Value with Effective Energy Management
Date and Time: March 7, 2018, 8:30-11:00 am
Location: San Jose Environmental Innovation Center, 1608 Las Plumas Avenue
Join the City of San Jose, the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, and USGBC Northern California to learn about creating value through effective energy management. You will learn how leading companies have used energy management to create value for their properties, about the City of San Jose’s development of an energy benchmarking ordinance, how to get incentives and support for your efforts, and the future of energy management.
From the basics for those just getting started to next-generation energy management technologies and strategies, you will leave this workshop with the tools you need to get started and then advance your energy management program.
- The value in benchmarking
- City of San Jose’s energy efficiency program
- Using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- Using the Arc Platform
- Incentives and programs
- Energy management and artificial intelligence (AI)
- Net-zero energy buildings
- Explain how effective building energy management creates value through reduced operating expenses and other financial benefits
- Summarize the City of San Jose’s efforts to promote effective energy management among the city’s building stock
- Describe how to use benchmarking tools for energy management and broader sustainability programs
- Identify next-generation energy management strategies and technologies
LEED Professionals can claim 2.5 hours of GBCI credit for attending the workshop.
- Ariel Carpenter, City of San Jose
- Brenden McEneaney, US Green Building Council
- David Kaneda, Integral Group
- Hillary Weitze, Integral Group
- Matt Eggers, VP, Yardi Energy
- Katherine Long, Pacific Gas & Electric
- Other speakers TBD
Visit Benchmarking and Beyond: Creating Value with Effective Energy Management to register.
Time: 8:30am - 11:00am
Speaker: David Kaneda, Principal; Hillary Weitze, Associate Principal