Simon Ebbatson presents at ECN Event
Simon Ebbatson recently presented at the Education Construction Network Breakfast to discuss the topic “Do Austerity and Sustainability sit as happy bedfellows?”. The panel included Bob Hayes – Director – Architype, Andy Gillies – Education Advisor, Vanessa Naveed – Lead BREEAM assessor – AA Projects.
The panel discussed whether the reduced funding in education and the drive to reduce the capital cost per square metre is having an effect on providing low energy and sustainable buildings. Some of the points covered included:
- What should we be defining as a sustainable school building?
- Is BREEAM still relevant?
- Has the design of renewable technology improved significantly over the last 5 years?
- Do the EFA’s Facilities Output Specification set a new benchmark for sustainable schools?
- How do schools try to take on board issues around sustainability when trying to run and manage a school?
If you would like to find out more on what was presented, please contact us.