Community College Facility Coalition 24th Annual Conference
The Community College Facility Coalition was established to provide leadership in legislative advocacy and deliver critical information, education, and training on facilities issues for community college districts and their business partners to enhance student learning. The CCFC seeks to be the voice of and provide resources and education for professionals engaged in California’s community college facilities.
Hillary will be speaking on the panel:
A New Facility Paradigm; Total Cost of Ownership | Tuesday, November 14, 2017 | 9:30am – 10:45am
Over the past few years, higher education leaders have focused in on developing an understanding of the impacts of planning, engineering, and construction on the long-term costs related to facilities maintenance and operations. As the most cost intensive part of facility ownership, it’s due time that owners, architects, engineers, and builders invest time and money in developing a projection of these longstanding costs. Industry organization, APPA, recently released the Draft APPA TCO 1000-1, the first of two parts of a standard to provide the key principles and technical implementation approach to developing and utilizing a Total Cost of Ownership. With the intent of assisting CA Community Colleges in understanding and preparing to implement these value-focused practices, the following four learning outcomes will be accomplished:
- Define Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Life-Cycle Costing (LCC) in practical terms that assist facility leaders, planners, and builders in communicating the importance and value in this practice
- Gain insight into the Draft APPA TCO 1000-1
- From community college panelists, review sample contractual requirements that define the TCO scope of work
- Discuss steps to implement the TCO paradigm at your district
Other featured panelists include:
- Joe Fullerton, San Mateo County CCD
- Rob Barthelman, Steinberg/Dabblefox
To learn more about the conference and to register visit Community College Facility Coalition.
Time: 9:30am - 10:45am
Speaker: Hillary Weitze, Associate Principal, Building Performance