2019 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis Conference
The 2019 ASHRAE Building Performance Analysis Conference takes place Sept. 25-27, 2019 in Denver, Colorado at the The Curtis Hotel. The goal of this conference is to promote networking and present new techniques and workflows that practitioners make better decisions during the simulation and modeling process of an entire building life cycle.
Integral Group is proud to be represented by three building performance and energy analysts from its Oakland office in the conference session:
Indoor Air Quality and Thermal Comfort | Wednesday, September 25 | 2:20 PM–2:40 PM | Room: Red Rover
This seminar includes presentations that cover topics such as radiant hydronic systems, natural ventilation modeling workflows and thermal comfort
Panel Chair: Lauren Wallace, Principal, Director of Certifications and Consulting | The Epsten Group
The presentation will also delves into a process taken to validate these tools against established modeling methods and existing ASHRAE and CIBSE standards. In some ways, the available modeling tools and methods are redundant. However, past work has shown that these tools can at times yield different results. This presentation will explore some underlying reasons behind results differences across tools. The presentation will finally detail uncertainties inherent in natural ventilation modeling, and typical approaches to address these uncertainties.
- Outline workflow of natural ventilation analysis and understand key challenges involved in modeling natural ventilation
- Identify key differences between tools for modeling and assessing natural ventilation and explain the validation of these tools
- Jared Landsman, Building Performance Analyst | Integral Group
- Sengavi Thirupathy, Building Performance Analyst | Integral Group
- Fiona Woods, Energy Analyst | Integral Group
Time: 2:20 - 2:40 PM
Speaker: Jared Landsman, Building Performance Analyst | Sengavi Thirupathy, Building Performance Analyst | Fiona Woods, Energy Analyst