Arlington Free Clinic
- First Place, Healthcare Design Award, ASID, Washington Metro Chapter, September 2009
- First Place – Design Category, Washington Business Journal Green Business Practices Award, October 2009
- Top 10 LEED Projects, Interiors & Sources, October/November 2011
- Special Merit Award – Sustainability, IIDA Mid-Atlantic Chapter, April 2010
- Presidential Citation for Sustainable Design, AIA, Washington Chapter, October 2009
Integral Group provided full service mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering services for the Arlington Free Clinic (AFC), a private, nonprofit, community-based organization which provides medical care at no charge to low-income, uninsured persons through the use of volunteers and other health providers.
The 8,500 sq. ft. facility occupies the first floor of a multi-use building, which includes space for reception, waiting area, clinic, pharmacy and administrative offices. The mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems integrate seamlessly with the innovative architectural approach and provide comfort control, lighting and power systems that are functional yet complimentary to the overall look and feel of the project.
Variable speed fans, high efficiency equipment and low flow plumbing fixtures are all part of the sustainable design elements that helped to achieve a Gold LEED certification and provide a comfortable, healthy, efficient environment for the day-to-day operation of the clinic.