Senior Designer – Electrical (Vancouver, BC)
Our vision at Integral Group is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice. We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation. We see ourselves as agents of change… catalysts.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep. While being green has only recently entered the collective consciousness of North America, since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world. Engineers whose experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. As a relationship based people-centric firm, we are focused on making a difference in the world with the people we interact with. We have contributed to an extensive list of high-profile projects around the world, and were ranked as one of Canada’s Top 50 Workplaces in 2007, 2009 & 2011.
The Senior Designer is a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Project Manager/Team Leader with minimal supervision. Proficient operating knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred. Excellent communication skills are required. The incumbent is responsible for directing and supervising Junior and Intermediate Designers within their team.
- Provide technical assistance to the Team Leader/Project Manager as follows:
- Set up and maintain design (“B” file) file
- Perform Cable calculations
- Perform Lighting modelling
- LV, HV, control and lighting schematic design layout and final design with minimal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral AutoCAD Standards are being followed
- Final motor list review or preparation
- Prepare or confirm all equipment selections using Integral selection procedures
- Coordinate electrical and mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (i.e. Architects, Structural Consultants, Code Consultants, Geotechnical Consultants, etc.)
- Co-ordinate or confirm service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project manager and/or P.I.C. (Including field reviews to monitor project construction status)
- Attend field reviews/meetings with clients
- Review/supervise drafting, prepare/review markups
- Assist with fee proposal preparation
- Maintain client relations
- Minimum two (2) years AutoCAD experience coupled with five-plus (5+) years design experience in LV, HV, control and lighting systems.
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of electrical building services engineering codes.
- Ability to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both inside and outside the office
- Proficiency in coaching/teaching
- Able to “sketch” ideas
- Able to communicate ideas effectively in meetings with architects and consultants
- Professional Engineer (PEng), Applied Science Technologist (AScT), or EIT designations are highly preferred
- LEED® Accredited Professional designation is an asset
You are results oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful; and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility. Integral Group is a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a great team environment and welcomes applications from like-minded individuals.
If you believe you have the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we want to hear from you! Qualified and interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Integral Group.