Project Accountant (Vancouver, BC)
Integral Group is a team of local leaders with global voices and a passion for deep green engineering solutions. We provide a full range of building system design and energy analysis services, with a staff widely regarded as innovative leaders in their fields. Located in fourteen offices across North America, along with an international network of affiliates, our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Our organization is designed to specifically meet the challenge of accelerating critical change in sustainable building practices. Our integrated approach to building systems design allows us to enhance opportunities that nature provides, working in harmony with a building’s environment to reduce its reliance on outside energy sources. For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. As a relationship based people-centric firm, we are focused on making a difference in the world with the people we interact with. You’ll enjoy great benefits including half-day Fridays, and award-winning open office design and location, and company-sponsored social events. With Canadian offices in Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Calgary and Toronto and high-profile projects around the world, we are a growing company and were ranked as one of Canada’s Top 50 Workplaces three times in the last five years.
As we are in the midst of implementing a new accounting system, this will be an exciting time for a new Project Accountant to join our Finance team! The Project Accountant is responsible for client billings; A/R collections and follow-up; strong project reporting and analysis skills; as well as revenue reporting and analysis. This requires a thorough understanding of Canadian GAAP, Integral’s jobs and client contracts, and Integral’s job cycles, as well as an ability to learn and leverage information systems.
Another major component of the role is the ability to be versatile and reliable in order to support Finance staff meeting team deliverables. As deliverables are met and tasks mastered, the role will continue to evolve.
- Monthly billing cycle:
- Fixed Fee invoicing
- Time and Material Invoicing
- Client specific invoicing
- Reimbursable expense billing
- Cash Receipt posting
- AR Collection:
- Reporting AR to team leads
- Reconciliation of Accounts
- Support team leads with AR Collection
- Small Claim and Building Liens
- Liaison between team leads and clients
- Review and post subcontract invoices
- Reconciling subcontract invoices to contracted amount
- Enter approved contracts into accounting system and spreadsheets
- Close projects in accounting system, on a monthly basis, when complete
- Update Team Production and Billing Spreadsheets
Project Reporting and Analysis
- Design and produce monthly and weekly project reporting and distribute to appropriate stakeholder
- Perform monthly revenue analysis, including WIP, backlog, and revenue recognition testing
- Develop AR reporting that includes relevant and approved KPI’s
- Minimum of 5 years billing and A/R experience in a project-based billing system at an Engineering firm, or in a related industry
- Extensive accounting knowledge
- A/P and expense reporting experience
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- An accredited accounting designation or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (must have intermediate or stronger MS Office skills)
- Previous experience with Deltek Vision is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Personal growth and development interest
- AR collection experience is preferred
Integral Group is a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a great team environment and welcomes applications from like-minded individuals. We are seeking individuals who are results-oriented, have a positive attitude, are resourceful; and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility.
If you believe you have the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we want to hear from you! Qualified and interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a competitive compensation package, as well as excellent benefits, and an upbeat work environment.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Integral Group.