Intermediate Designer – Mechanical (Vancouver, BC)
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice. We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation. We see ourselves as agents of change… catalysts.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep. While being green has only recently entered the collective consciousness of North America, since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world. Engineers whose experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. As a relationship based people-centric firm, we are focused on making a difference in the world with the people we interact with. We have contributed to an extensive list of high-profile projects around the world, and were ranked as one of Canada’s Top 50 Workplaces in 2007, 2009 & 2011.
Must be a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Senior Designer or Project Manager with minimal supervision. Proficient operating knowledge of AutoCAD 2011 is required. Good communication skills, initiatives and inclination to learn are to be demonstrated.
- AutoCAD drafting and design operations
- Provide technical assistance to the Senior Designers/Project Managers/Team Leaders as follows:
- Maintain Design (“B” file) file
- Set up heating and cooling load calculation file (ie. Carrier HAP) – inputs to be checked by senior staff
- HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing layout and drafting with minimal supervision
- Ensure Integral design checklist is being followed
- Ensure Integral AutoCAD Standards are being followed
- Maintain AutoCAD files
- Prepare preliminary motor list with assistance provided by senior staff
- Prepare equipment selections using Integral selection procedures with assistance provided by senior staff
- Co-ordinate mechanical requirements with other disciplines involved in the project design team (ie. Architects, Structural Consultants, Electrical Consultants, etc). Assistance will be provided by senior staff
- Co-ordinate service requirements/connections with the respective utility and/or municipal agencies
- Review and process shop drawings with senior staff
- Assist in training junior staff and reviewing their work
- Provide construction administration services as directed and supervised by senior staff
- Write various reports as directed by senior staff
- Attend site surveys with senior staff
- Minimum 5 years AutoCAD experience coupled with two years design experience in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of plumbing building and sprinkler codes (ie. NFPA, BCBC, BC Plumbing Code, etc) with minimal supervision provided by senior staff
- Knowledge of energy modeling and calculations is preferred
- EIT classification is an asset
- University degree or College diploma in Mechanical Engineering specialization is an asset
You are results oriented, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude, are resourceful; and have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility. Integral Group is a dynamic, forward-thinking company with a great team environment and welcomes applications from like-minded individuals.
If you believe you have the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we want to hear from you! Qualified and interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
We appreciate all expressions of interest and carefully review all resumes received. Regrettably, we are only able to contact applicants directly who are selected for interview. Thank you for your interest in Integral Group.